Sunday 28 October 2012

The Scouse Derby

Brenda Rogers says Liverpool haven't had any luck with referees this season "We haven't got anything this year, I have got to be honest that is incredible".
David Moyes cleverly reacted by saying "Divers will turn fans away" :)

Speaking as a footy fan for over 40 years I would say Liverpool have had more dodgy decisions go their way than any team I can think of, and Everton seem to have been shafted by officials more than most.
Hopefully the ref won't be swayed by the comments and will ref fairly, but I have my doubts.

5 comments:

  1. Stupid UK time change! I could have slept in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what did you think of Marriner's calls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not seen it yet so I'll let you know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of mistakes by the ref, Suarez's offside goal should have counted but the free kick which led to it was after a dive by Gerrard, and Suarez should have been sent off twice long before that, Sterling should have been sent off for 2 bad fouls and a dive.
    Liverpool's second goal was after a dive for the free kick so shouldn't have counted, Everton's second goal was after a wrong decision for the throw in.
    So the ref had a nightmare and Liverpool probably had the better of the dodgy decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit at a loss to say which match was worse for its officiating.

    But then, I'd make a terrible ref, as I thought Torres should've certainly been ejected and not Ivanovic...

    ReplyDelete