Monday 11 March 2013

Bye Bye Brian

I suppose it was on the cards but I'm still sad to see Brian McDemott get the push from Reading.
The guy has always come across as a really nice bloke.
Reading have probably over achieved in the last few years, and were excellent last season when getting promoted.

Apart from the misfiring Russian their team is a collection of lower league pros and players on their way to retirement, so I'm not sure what the chairman really expected without spending some serious cash. The other teams at the bottom QPR, Sunderland, Villa, Southampton and Newcastle have spent fortunes to try and stay clear of the drop and only Wigan have been forced to bargain hunt.
I don't think it's all over for Reading yet but with McDermott gone I won't miss them as much if they do drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment