Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 And All That

Not a bad year for footie, England going well in the Euro 2016 qualifiers, my own team West Ham looking almost safe already :)
The Premier league had a good ending to the 2013/4 season with 3 teams still in with a shout with a few weeks left, although City had the bottle to see it out, this season is looking like it's down to a 2 horse race already, Chelsea should have enough to win although Mourinho is having to resort to mind games earlier than I expected :)
Luis Suarez was the best entertainment on the pitch and oddly I miss him? the game needs characters.
The Brazil World Cup was one of the best ever, if you forget about England's underwhelming performance I enjoyed the majority of it. Germany were worthy winners and the 7-1 victory over Brazil was one of the games all time greatest results.
Hopefully in the rest of this season the Premier league will tighten up a bit with the likes of Man U, Arsenal and maybe even West Ham!! still challenging in May.
Tha FA Cup starts this weekend and I'm hoping for a few shocks along the way.

Personally the new year is going to start at the bottom (the only way is up?), made redundant today and now my dodgy shyster of an employer has declared himself insolvent meaning I won't be getting any redundancy pay or the money he owes me :(  so looks like I'm going to be doing some reading on legal matters.
Hopefully I'll get something sorted before I run out of money and have to start making cutbacks on essentials like Internet, phones, food etc
Happy New Year all :)

Predictions comp still open for tomorrow on the previous post, good luck all.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Lee.

    2014 was pretty much the worst for me so far.

    Too little work, too much death & cancer around.

    2015 isn’t looking easy either, but it sure beats the last one.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bio, hope things look up for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year folks. Sorry to hear your news Lee and Bio. For a change I had a good one except for having to give up my Chelsea season ticket. The only way is down for me so I'll probably catch you in the middle somewhere come next December. Good win for the boys today after the disaster vs Sp*rs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Longy :)
    As far as I know that was a hell of a round trip for home games, so I can understand why you've given up the ticket.
    Maybe like me, the thought of all that travelling to watch footie doesn't seem so important as it was when you were younger .... welcome to the old farts brigade :)

    ReplyDelete