Thursday 12 August 2010

Blackpool


You can probably get good odds on Blackpool actually staying up this season, and I like most people think they haven't got a hope but miracles do happen once in a while and for Ian Holloway's sake I hope they have a reasonable season.
Listening to Holloway and Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston they seem to have their heads screwed on and aren't going to pay fortunes to over the hill foreign stars for their one season in the spotlight and will try to stick with their current team and a few new faces with something to prove.
They have signed Marlon Harewood who might be classed as over the hill, but I think he has something to prove after limited chances at Villa following his move from West Ham where he had several really good seasons.
One great thing about this season is the chance to listen to the always entertaining Holloway after the games, I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Despite his QPR connections,I absolutely love Holloway's interviews. Living in Plymouth now and with him being their Manager,he was on TV here most weekends and there isn't a funnier guy in football imo. I really want them to stay up although I can't see it.

    ReplyDelete