Saturday 14 August 2010

Predictions

I'm not the best at predictions and rarely get it right but here's my tips for the coming season :)

Premier League
Top - 1 Man Utd 2 Chelsea 3 Arsenal 4 Everton
Bottom - 18 Sunderland 19 Blackpool 20 Wigan

You have to expect Chelsea and Man Utd to be fighting it out at the top by Christmas and it's unlikely either will have a bad season.
Arsenal will always play good football but the lack of a top striker will probably cost them again as Van Persie will no doubt get his usual injury and miss half the season.
Much as I like Hodgson I don't think he'll be able to turn it round in one season with Torres's dubious fitness the key.
Man city obviously have the players but will Mancini be able to turn them into a team with so many to choose from and so many "stars" getting upset due to lack of games.
My outside tip of a "champions?" league place would be Everton, injuries permitting they have a team that can challenge anyone on their day.

At the bottom it's going to be a dogfight with any one of about 12 teams struggling to stay away from the bottom 3.
Wigan surprise me most seasons by staying up and although usually in the bottom half of the table rarely get dragged into the bottom 3, I think this year could be different.
Blackpool just lack the money and players and will struggle.
Sunderland's season could depend on Darren Bent, they have a reasonable squad but I'm surprised they let Kenwyne Jones go, mainly tipping them for relegation due to my dislike of Steve Bruce.
Hopefully my team West ham won't get sucked into another season of struggle, if they can keep their players fit they should be mid table this season.
I expect teams like Bolton, West Brom, Blackburn and Stoke to be down there most of the year.
Not sure about Fulham I think Mark Hughes is a good replacement for Hodgson but will they be able to live up to the last couple of seasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment