Saturday 21 August 2010

Predictions (Week 2)

Last weeks effort produced 5/10 correct results with 2 correct scores, not great but good for me :)
This weeks attempt (with added bookies odds for correct score)

Arsenal v Blackpool 3-0 (6/1)
Birmingham v Blackburn 1-0 (6/1)
Everton v Wolves 2-1 (15/2)
Stoke v Tottenham 1-0 (7/1)
WBA v Sunderland 2-1 (17/2)
West Ham v Bolton 1-1 (6/1)
Wigan v Chelsea 1-4 (10/1)
Newcastle v Aston Villa 1-2 (17/2)
Fulham v Man Utd 0-2 (13/2)
Man City v Liverpool 1-1 (11/2)

Betting info:
So 2 correct scores again would make a profit if you covered all 10 games, although with my hit and miss gambling record I wouldn't recommend anyone putting their life savings on these :)
My biggest successes on football gambling have come on foreign games that I've known little about! Won £370 predicting correctly 7 results from the Swedish league for a £2 bet and a couple of years back won £240 on a Seville win due to my ignorance! I looked up the latest scores and saw Seville were 1-0 up with only 5 minutes left so I checked the in-play odds and Seville were 3-1 to win? so chucked an £80 bet on thinking this was easy money not realising that the other team had equalised before I put the bet on! the odds were up to date my scores weren't ... but luckily Seville scored a last minute winner ... phew!! :)

Wigan v Chelsea is one of those games that shows it's virtually impossible to predict correct scores, last seasons results were -
Wigan 3 Chelsea 1 and Chelsea 8 Wigan 0 !!

I only predict a draw for West Ham as they always seem to lose if I tip them to win and vice versa, I was in a well known footie forums prediction league a few seasons ago and the Hammers end of season impressive run coincided with my decision to predict them to lose every week, I know most people think Carlos Tevez saved them that season but I think my reverse logic helped out no end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment