Monday 25 April 2011

The Championship

Who's going up from Division 2 (as I call it) to the Premier league next season?
2 games to go and nothing is absolutely certain.
QPR are very nearly there only 2 defeats for them and 2 wins each from Norwich and Cardiff with lots of goals will deny them.
I have to admit to hoping Norwich go up for the football related reason of .. I like the colours :), Welsh pair Cardiff and Swansea are still in with a chance although the Swans need a miracle.
Play off places are between the top 3 and Swansea, and 2 from Reading, Nottm Forest, Millwall, Burnley, Leeds, Hull and Leicester.

Fixtures Remaining

QPR - 85 (+38) - (A) Watford, (H) Leeds
Norwich - 80 (+24) - (A) Portsmouth, (H) Coventry
Cardiff - 79 (+25) - (H) Middlesbrough, (A) Burnley
Swansea - 74 (+21) - (A) Millwall, (H) Sheff Utd
Reading - 73 (+25) - (A) Coventry, (H) Derby
Nottm F - 69 (+12) - (H) Scunthorpe, (A) C Palace
Millwall - 67 (+17) - (H) Swansea, (A) Barnsley
Burnley - 67 (+5) - (A) Leeds, (H) Cardiff
Leeds - 66 (+9) - (H) Burnley, (A) QPR
Hull - 64 (+4) - (H) C Palace, (A) Bristol C
Leicester - 63 (+3) - (A) Doncaster, (H) Ipswich

At the bottom Preston are already down, and Sheff U (Shame haha) and Scunthorpe are needing miracles both 6 points and a lot of goals behind Doncaster and Palace.

Coming up from Npower division 1 (Division 3) are Brighton with any 2 from Southampton, Huddersfield, Peterborough, MK Dons, Bournemouth, Leyton Orient, Rochdale and Exeter.

Thought I'd take a look at this lot as there is always an outside chance :) the Hammers could be playing this lot next season :(

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying QPR lose their last 2 games or/and get a 10 point deduction as I had Norwich at 16/1 at the start of the season to win the League (only a £10) I also had a £5 each way on them so if they get in the top 3,at least I'll get 25 quid back! Problem with Norwich is they can't keep clean sheets but I would prefer them up than the Welsh teams particulary Cardiff! As long as Leeds or Millwall (and Cardiff) don't go up via the playoffs,I'm not really that fussed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you win with Norwich, as I live in the Anglia TV region I get to see a lot of them and they are a good team although I'm not sure how Fat Boy Grant Holt would get on against Premier League teams?
    QPR haven't impressed me when I've seen them this year so still not sure how they got so many points?
    Also this might sound like the sort of thing you'd expect from a Hammer :) I only realised a couple of weeks ago that Millwall were in this league! I could have sworn they were still in the 3rd tier, must start watching the league show more often instead of falling asleep like I usually do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers. I don't think I will but hopefully I'll get the each way money. Millwall came up last season with Norwich and Leeds. They have all done well when you consider 2 of the 3 could go up again.

    You can't knock Grant Holt's goals over the last couple of years but like you I doubt he will be any good in a faster league. Hopefully we will find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To think last season my local club Southend were in the same league and took points off Leeds and Millwall and only lost at Norwich to a very late goal, now the gap is huge :(

    ReplyDelete