Wednesday 4 January 2012

Transfer Rumours

Today's rumours seem to be that we are going to sign yet another Spud reject Vedrun Corluka on loan, and possibly Doncaster's Billy Sharp.

Corluka looked a good player when at Man City but seems to have disappeared since signing for Tottenham? if he can still show the form of old he could be a good signing but the fact he is coming from Tottenham always makes me suspicious.
Also I have one bigger reason to hate him, a few years back when he was at City they were playing a midweek game which was the last match of the month, I was playing Telegraph fantasy football and stood 2nd in the monthly points table just a few points behind the leader, I thought I'd pulled the masterstroke by putting Stephen Ireland into my team before kick off who went on to score the only goal of the game,
also I had 3 City defenders including Corluka. When I checked the table the next day I found I had lost by one point, due to Corluka picking up an 88th minute booking costing me 2 points :(
The winner got £1000, finishing 2nd I got £50 so Corluka cost me £950 .... bastard.

Billy Sharp looks a good striker but I guess we will miss out as we do with most players we try to sign, maybe we could make a cheeky offer for his former Scunthorpe team mate Gary Hooper who is doing the business at Celtic :)
Incidentally the Barnsley scum who gave Sharp the abuse about his son on Monday deserve a good kicking :(

No comments:

Post a Comment