Saturday 30 October 2010

Football Memories - 1974

Here's a shock for you, my first major final attended wasn't a West Ham game it was arch enemies Tottenham!!
My uncle was an avid spuds fan and had taken me to a couple of games in this season, he had got a few tickets for this first leg of the final and luckily he invited me to go with him and my cousin.
The match ended up 2-2 after Tottenham had twice taken the lead, they lost the second leg in Holland 2-0 the week after.
Probably the last time I cheered for Tottenham, I was only 13 and didn't know better :)

3 comments:

  1. Fair play to you mate for admitting such a sin. I'll tell you what Lee,I enjoyed reading all that. Good stuff. I'm pretty jealous because all my old tickets/stups/etc were nicked when I got burgled in 2004. All my football and punk tickets. They even nicked the old Persil vouchers I had in there. I bet they were Scousers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B'stards, Persil vouchers as well lol some people will nick anything.
    Feel gutted that I sold a lot of memorabilia in the early nineties when I was selling everything to survive, tons of records, football programmes, all those fotball related things you picked up as a kid :(
    Luckily kept a few of the special things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't what I would of done without good old Persil. My Mum didn't even have to buy it. I did! And you know why :)

    ReplyDelete