Saturday 26 March 2011

WTF

What the fuck does WTF mean?

OK probably my own fault for not checking but I had planned my Saturday around watching F1 qualifying followed by an afternoon of watching the England v Wales game, so I turn on the TV and find that it ain't on telly :(
Yes it's on Sky which I don't have and have no plans to ever have 'cos I'm not giving money to Murdoch but it's an England qualifier why on earth should it be restricted to the prawn sandwich munching rich people and not the commoners who are the real football supporters?
Also pissed off that I turned down free rail and match tickets up to Manchester to go and watch Southend at Stockport from a mate who couldn't go because England were playing today :(

This will be the second time in this competition that the England game isn't even being shown as highlights tonight after most people missed the earlier qualifier away to Switzerland which was a great result but none of my footie mates saw the game so it doesn't even rate a mention when you get into an England debate.

Something I always think about when the Sky problem comes up is boxing, back in the days when all the big bouts were on terrestrial telly even your granny could tell you who the best British boxers were and who was the heavyweight champion, nowadays even Boxing fans have to think hard about it.
David Haye must dream of the adulation given to the likes of Frank Bruno in the old days, despite getting himself on multiple chat shows most people don't realise he's a world champion?
The Sky money may be great for football but if this is a growing trend the public are going to lose interest.

2 comments:

  1. Its bollocks ain't it mate. Yet tonight we get the full 90 minutes of England's second string vs Ghana.....then at 10.30 a full hour of highlights.

    Still,you could always watch the game on your computer if you didn't go to the pub (but I know that's not the point)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it turned out we got the better game on ITV but I'm still annoyed that an important qualifier was not being shown even as highlights on terrestrial TV :(
    Even my mother-in-law rang up and asked me if it was being shown? she's not really a footie fan but always watches England games and was equally pissed off it wasn't on, and I imagine there were a few million pensioners etc who can't afford Sky or the pub and don't even have internet to watch it (slightly illegaly) who missed out.
    It's a fucking disgrace aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete