Monday 28 March 2011

Legend

Paulo Di Canio.
I Stole this quote about his goal at Old Trafford when Barthez tried to bluff him into believing he was offside, classic stuff :)
"He tried to distract me but I was cleverer than him. I finished with the ball in the net and then the referee can say 'sorry Paolo offside' if he wants. I scored and then waited to see."
Di Canio's stream of consciousness as he recalled the goal that secured a 1-0 victory is rivalled only by his memories of the celebrations that followed - with 9,000 away fans delirious in the away end.
"The celebration was amazing. 9,000 people, 9,000 people! The celebration was incredible. The emotion as I ran to the corner flag was I felt in my body that a million West Ham fans were there on the pitch. In this moment, I felt like people all around the world were with me. I felt like a warrior that had no fear of dying. This is the perfect moment to die. Nothing can be better than this. The adrenalin rush through my veins, around my body was something else. This was the defining moment of my life. It was incredible, I didn't feel anything bad. No pain, no bad thoughts. It was like I was invincible. You know what I mean?"

No comments:

Post a Comment