Thursday 9 June 2011

How Much?

Well some people who have read a few bits from this blog might think "he knows nothing about football" and after today's transfer dealings maybe they are right :)
It looks like £37 million pounds has been spent on these two in the picture and to be honest I wouldn't recognise either of them, yes I have heard their names Jordan Henderson the winger from Sunderland and Phil Jones the Blackburn defender but obviously I am not watching enough football to have been impressed by either.
Maybe they are the future of the England team, but I really haven't seen anything yet to set them apart from a whole host of others but with England in mind I hope I'm wrong.
For the record -
Phil Jones (19 Years Old) - Blackburn 39 Apps 0 Goals, England U21 5 Apps 0 Goals
Jordan Henderson (20 Years Old) - Sunderland 79 Apps 5 Goals, England U21 6 Apps 6 Goals, England 1 App 0 Goals

1 comment:

  1. I was going to write something similar on my blog until I spotted your post. I couldn't agree with you more. I think they both have potential but at those prices,its hardly a bargain is it. I think it has to do with the new rules on how many foreign players you can have coming in. Most clubs will be looking to buy British soon (even if they are overpriced and crap)

    Henderson did have a great game when Sunderland stuffed us 3 0 at the Bridge to be fair (although we did have Paulo Ferriera and Jeffrey Bruma as our centre backs that day)

    ReplyDelete