Saturday 24 November 2012

Good Memories

Back in 1981 in our first season back in the top league after 3 years of 2nd division football our first away game was a midweek trip to Tottenham.
Tottenham had won the FA Cup the previous season and we had just finished one of our best seasons ever winning the 2nd division (only losing 4 games) and only narrowly losing to the cheating scouses in the League cup final replay.
I travelled there in hope of us picking up something but we had been disappointing in our first game drawing at home to Brighton.
As it turned out it was one of the greatest days of my football supporting career as David “Psycho” Cross banged in all 4 goals in a 4-0 away win :)

4 comments:

  1. As a Spurs fan I must admit to being there (as I will be tomorrow). I think I left at 3-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind :)
    Sadly you've had better days against us :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. and who can forget Cottees debut? I seem to remember he got 3-4 as well and the other one that sticks in my mind is when we won 4-1 away with goals from bugsy burrows, mike marsh and a brace from trevor morely happy days
    cheers
    Paulo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was there for Cottee's debut, he scored the first and I'm sure we won 3-0.
    Didn't go to the 4-1 away one but sure local pikey Steve Jones got one of them?
    My first ever home game against them we won 5-3 I'll have to search for a youtube clip.
    One other that sticks in my mind was Billy Bonds testimonial as they turned up with the 2 Argies, we won 4-2 and the best bit was when Bonzo went straight through Ardiles early on with a "welcome to England" tackle hahaha

    ReplyDelete