Thursday 2 September 2010

Missed It

Just catching up with everything after my four days in the wilds of Cornwall, no TV or internet so missed everything that's been happening, and then the computer wouldn't work when I got home yesterday (just managed to fix it again).
Looking at the scores I see a few unexpected results, Chelsea only managing 2, Wigan winning at Tottenham which took West Ham to the bottom but it was worth it to have a go at the Spuds fans, Man city losing to Sunderland I have MOTD2 recorded so I haven't seen the miss by my favourite Argentinean yet, and Blackpool claiming another point (only another 36 needed possibly).
The transfer window closed with a few names moving, Sunderland signed Asamoah Gyan the Ghana player which could be a great move or expensive flop? Spurs signed Van der Valk from Real Madrid, West Ham signed someone called Rude Boffin?, Stoke sign 4 players who used to be good once upon a time, and Blackpool signed a DJ to get Holloway dancing. Will have a closer look at everything when I get some time.

England play Friday and I've just read that Berbatov has retired? so won't be playing for Uncle Bulgaria, as for England the curse of the keeper has struck again with Ben Foster getting his usual pre-England injury and Scott Carson doing the decent thing and picking up a bad back meaning Hart's back up's are likely to be Loach, Fielding or James Shea? I think I'm in front of Rob Green so he might as well hang up his England gloves.
Plenty of injuries for the outfield players as well with Lumpard, Terry, Zamora and Crouch all missing and several others carrying injuries like Defoe and Jagielka so the starting line up is a bit of a mystery, hopefully Theo Walcott will get a chance.

Just checked my predictions and it was a bit better this week 6/10 with 3 correct scores so probably would have made some money if I'd been at home to back them?
Back soon gotta go to bed now :)

1 comment:

  1. Your predictions were better than mine. Another tenner down the drain at the weekend for me :(

    ReplyDelete