Friday 10 December 2010

Pardew


It's hard for me to criticise Pardew as I was gutted when he was sacked by West Ham and I really like the guy, but is he better than Chris Hughton?
Ashley said he wanted someone with more experience but Pardew's record is not a whole lot better than Hughton, one good season in the prem with West Ham followed by an average few months before his sacking, after that he took Charlton down although they were on their way before he got there, he did reasonably well in the lower divisions with Reading and Southampton but Hughton leading Newcastle to the Championship last season must put him at least level as far as achievements are concerned.
Signing a 5½ year deal seems like a good bit of business by Pardew as he'll be in for a good payout when Ashley sacks him after 5½ weeks :)

2 comments:

  1. It seems a strange one to me Lee. I think this job will prove too big for Pardew in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5½ years?!? That is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete