Thursday 27 January 2011

Gutted

Had to listen to the match on the radio at work as I don't have Sky at home so it wasn't worth taking time off, I know I could have gone to a local pub and watched it but that usually ends up in aggro even if we win.
As it was my co-workers gave me plenty of space as I tend to get a bit emotional during these ocassions throwing a selection of expletives their way if things weren't going my way, when I shouted "c***" it wasn't directed at anyone in particular just a reaction to the state of the game :)
The highs and lows of football supporting were all there tonight, the elation of taking a 3-1 aggregate lead and looking like certs for Wembley to the total despair as we went 3-1 down on the night for a 4-3 defeat.
My take on the game was that we played really well and just lacked a little in front of goal with Walton's decision to send Piquionne off on Saturday costing us dear again, having to bring Fatboy McCarthy on proved we were a striker short.
Rob Green will no doubt get criticised for the winning goal but once again had played a blinder making half a dozen world class saves to keep us in the match, Tomkins again putting Upson to shame as the class act of the defence, Parker doing what he does best and Carton Cole scoring a brilliant goal and looking more like the striker he was last season.
Birmingham probably played as well as they ever have in the second half and possibly deserved the victory, if I wasn't so biased I'd be happy for Craig Gardener who really deserved the goal after hitting the post twice.
The ref had a reasonable game being blind in equal measures, missing several good penalty shouts for both teams although I think he should have sent Jerome off for his deliberate stamp on Tomkins and he missed Beausojor's? attack on Dyer which left the injured one with a bloody nose.
I don't dislike Birmingham so hope they can show the same form against Arsenal in the final, for a "big" team just one main trophy in their history is not much of a return so it would be a good time for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment