Thursday 10 February 2011

Olympic Bosses Back West Ham Bid


Nice picture but where is the running track?
I'm still in two minds over this, yes I want us to beat Tottenham to claim this but the thought of playing at a ground with a running track between you and the action is a bit of a nightmare.
I'm still not keen on how far away from the pitch you are at the current home Upton Park having been brought up in the days when the players would have to lean back ito the crowd to take a two step throw in! (Rory Delap wouldn't have got much joy at the old Upton Park).
I know it makes financial sense and I'm sure we could fill it on a regular basis if the team had a little success (and they dropped the prices a bit).
The removal of the terraces in the nineties killed the atmosphere for me and I really can't see how you will ever get any sort of intimidating atmosphere going at a place like this?

2 comments:

  1. Be honest mate,you wouldn't fill the ground. That's exactly why I don't want Chelsea in a nice new shiny 60,000 seater too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Course we would ;) hehe
    Just thinking of Arsenal who only had 38,000 at Highbury but now average 60,000 every game.
    We've got an average of 33,500 this season despite the fact that we're crap and the prices are way too high!!
    Hell I might start going again regularly if the tickets were easier to get hold of, and a bit cheaper :)

    ReplyDelete