Monday 28 February 2011

Things Are Good (For Now)



What a week.
On Monday West Ham turn in a great performance hammering Burnley 5-1 to make the Cup Quarter finals ... things are good :)
On Tuesday I go to work with a big smile ready to take the piss out of all the doubters, but am greeted with the news the company is laying off 30% of it's staff sometime in the next 90 days ... things are bad :(
Blackpool's win over Tottenham takes my mind of it for a bit :)
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday I find out that as I've only been in the job 16 months I've probably got little chance of avoiding the cull, and Southend's insistence of blocking all major routes out of Southend with roadworks causing me to be late at least once a week probably puts me top of the list for the bullet (without redundo pay) ... things are shit :(
On Saturday I watch England beat the French at Rugby ... Mood improving :)
On Sunday I listen to the Hammers win against the Scouses, I watch Brum beat Arsenal and the English cricket team draw their World cup game against favourites India with an amazing 338 runs a piece ... things are good again :)
Next week who knows? but thanks to sport for making life more bearable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment