Monday 16 April 2012

Wigan

Amazing win for Wigan at Arsenal tonight which very few people expected, the current run is pretty impressive for any team let alone Wigan with wins at Liverpool and Arsenal and home wins against Man Utd and Stoke with the only blot the controversial defeat at Chelsea where both Chelsea goals were clearly offside to anyone who wasn't counting their Roubles.
I tipped Wigan for relegation and it may still happen but they are certainly the form team of the bottom six.
The problem I have with Wigan is that I can't stand their chairman Dave Whelan, and a team that only average about 18,000 fans doesn't seem to fit the bill as a Premiership club.
The one thing I like about them is their manager Roberto Martinez who has always come across as a really nice guy and I'm glad he is getting the praise for moulding his collection of foreign nationals into a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment