Friday 18 January 2013

Saints Shock

Right up there with Chris Hughton's sacking at Newcastle a couple of years ago, I really couldn't see this one coming.
Nigel Adkins sacking today seems very strange? the guy has just led Southampton to two straight promotions and although starting this season badly seems to have stabilised the team who look to have enough about them to survive this season.
They are unbeaten in their last 5 league games and have only lost 2 of the last 12, so it makes you wonder if their is another reason for his sacking?
It seems Argentinian Mauricio Pochettino was approached a few weeks back so it's not a knee jerk reaction to dropping easy points at Stamford bridge (sorry lads) :)

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't believe this one I really couldn't. I hope the fuckers go down now I really do. Who do they think they are? Chelsea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, lost a bit of respect for the guy last season with his after match comments after the cheating Saints had nicked a point of us, but really couldn't see him being sacked unless they had lost 10 on the trot.
    I reckon all footie fans will hope the Saints go on a big losing streak now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the new Argie Manager can't speak English. That will help! Stick a few quid on Everton at Even money for Monday's game mate. I have!

    ReplyDelete