Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

A Happy New Year to all :)
No World cup or European championship this year so it's just the club sides to worry about for the rest of the season.
West Ham looking reasonably safe to stay in the Premier league needing only 4-5 wins to stay up (hopefully), Saturday will tell if we're going to have a cup run this season as the ties can't get any harder. Looking at my pre-season predictions (1st Man Utd, 2nd Man City, 3rd Chelsea, 4th Arsenal) I won't be far out, except I always write of Tottenham who could crash the party?
Relegation - I tipped West Brom, QPR and Southampton? looks like I underestimated West Brom big time unless they suffer a West Ham like crash after Christmas :)
QPR look doomed unless dodgy Harry can pull out his biggest miracle, Southampton are playing better but still look like a Championship side. I still think Reading might come good, and Wigan and Villa are totally unpredictable, if Demba Ba leaves Newcastle could get dragged into the drop zone.
Champions league - Only Man U and Arsenal left, and I don't think either are strong enough to go all the way although they might cause of few upsets.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Lee and fellow readers. Have a good one lads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year lee
    JB

    ReplyDelete