Sunday 8 May 2011

Robbie Savage


Quite sad that Robbie Savage has quit football although he has probably timed it right, One of the few "characters" in British football.
Like most people I hated him for a number of years but he won me over with one incident in the 1999 league cup final between Savage's Leicester and Tottenham, horrible little twat Justin Edingburgh liked to go round kicking people and crying when he was tackled, so after Savage went through him with a tackle Edingburgh took a swipe at Savage and Savage went down like a sack of spuds and Edingburgh was sent off, his wink when he was lying on the ground was a classic moment :)
Although I'm no fan of divers that one seemed justified and made me laugh so much I forgave him.
Playing for Blackburn he was excellent just for the amount of effort he put in, I would really have liked to have seen him playing for the Hammers at the time!! the type of player who motivates the crowd if he was on your team you would love him, while the opposition would totally hate him.
Hopefully he'll keep up the radio and TV work as he's always entertaining :)

1 comment:

  1. We've always given him plenty of stick but he always did take it in good spirit. Anyone who goes through Justin Edinburgh is okay by me!

    ReplyDelete