Thursday 7 June 2012

Euro 2012 Getting Close

It all starts Friday and I'm getting the buzz ... finally.
The press have started slagging off our manager over the Rio Ferdinand affair, but does anyone care? Martin Kelly might not have been the ideal replacement but he's 22 and Rio is 33 and even his own club manager said he couldn't manage 2 games in 4 days so is Fergie wrong too?
I like Ferdinand but I reckon Lescott and Jagielka are currently better players, and where Hodgson did make an initial mistake was not having cover for Glen Johnson which he has now remedied.

Anyway like most in this country I'll cheer England all the way even if that is only 3 games? I
just pray we don't have to suffer a humiliation like at the last World Cup.

France, Sweden and Ukraine all winnable or loseable?
France are coming back to form and have some good players but players like Ribery, Benzema, Nasri, Ben Arfa, Malouda can all look pretty average at times (like some of ours) I fancy us to sneak a win in this one.
Sweden have Ibrahimovic but the only other names are Seb Larsson and maybe the Olssen's and a couple of other former prem players, the trouble being that we never beat Sweden in major competitions although we did manage a 1-0 win over them last year in a friendly our first win in 43 years :)
Ukraine should be our easiest game but they are at home and will need the points to go through, a draw should see us through? :)

After that who knows we might get a Quarter final against Italy the team I usually support after we have been knocked out ... but I'm getting way ahead of myself here as I've just downloaded my customary Excel spreadsheet and put the scores in and we're in the final against Germany hahahaha :)

Anyone up for a Euro predictions competition?

No comments:

Post a Comment